gPDF is a handy tool to view online PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT and PPTX files. It sets links to these file formats to open with Google Docs Viewer. Hence, you don’t need any desktop based PDF viewer (like Adobe Reader) or Office suite (like MS Office) to open such files.
Benefits of using gPDF
- gPDF automatically sets links to PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT and PPTX files to open with Google Docs Viewer. No manual effort required.
- You are Safe. You don’t need to use potentially vulnerable tools such as a local PDF reader to open above file formats. You open files remotely, without downloading them.
- Fast! No more wait for downloading such files first. It feels like visiting another web page!
- HTTPS Secured connection. gPDF connects to Google Docs Viewer using secured connection.
- You don’t need Adobe Reader, MS Office, OpenOffice.org or any other software to open online files.
- Full screen view.
- Download opened files to your computer, when required.
- Options to edit and save opened files in your Google Docs account / Zoho account. Note: Google Docs does not support editing for PDF files.
gPDF (for Chrome and Firefox) is no longer maintained by Arpit Kumar. It is now maintained by Wips.com. Thanks for using it!