gPDF is a handy tool to view online PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, RTF, Open Document format (ODT, ODS, ODP), CSV, SXW, SXC and SXI files. It sets links to these file formats to open with Google Docs Viewer and Zoho Viewer. Hence, you don’t need any desktop based PDF viewer (like Adobe Reader) or Office suite (like MS Office) to open such files.
Open online RTF files with Zoho Viewer
Open online PDF files with Google Docs Viewer
Benefits of using gPDF
- gPDF automatically sets links to RTF, ODT, ODS, ODP, CSV, SXW, SXC and SXI files to open with Zoho Viewer; and links to PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT and PPTX files to open with Google Docs Viewer. No manual effort required.
- You are Safe. You don’t need to use potentially vulnerable tools such as a local PDF reader to open above file formats. You open files remotely, without downloading them.
- Fast! No more wait for downloading such files first. It feels like visiting another web page!
- HTTPS Secured connection. gPDF connects to Google Docs Viewer using secured connection.
- You don’t need Adobe Reader, MS Office, OpenOffice.org or any other software to open online files.
- Full screen view.
- Download opened files to your computer, when required.
- Options to edit and save opened files in your Google Docs account / Zoho account. Note: Google Docs does not support editing for PDF files.
Options to download, edit and save opened file in Google Docs Viewer
Options to download, edit and export opened file in Zoho Viewer
gPDF is maintained by Arpit Kumar, and released under GPL without any guarantee.
Thanks to hundreds of the users for their feedback and support. Thanks to Prateek, Stephen Walker, David and Steve for their tips.
Read reviews of gPDF.
- 5 May, 2012 – v4.0.2: Removed ‘embedded=true’ URL parameter to ensure proper rendering at Google Docs Viewer.
- 19 Jan, 2011 – v4.0: added support for .rtf, Open Document formats (.odt, .odp, .ods) etc. Optimized code.
- 9 Jan, 2011 – v3.5 added support for .xls and .xlsx formats.
- 7 Aug, 2010 – v3.1 released with support for new layout of Google Docs Viewer. Thanks Steve.
- 22 June, 2010 – v3 released with HTTPS, full screen view etc. Thanks Mr. Stephen Walker.
- 10 June, 2010 – Added support for .doc, .docx and .ppt files.
- 9 June, 2010 – Fixed the bug: cases where document.links is undefined. Thanks David!
- 26 January 2010 – v 2.1 For Chrome / v 1.2 for Firefox, Greasemonkey : Fixed minor bugs.
- 9 December 2009 – v1.3: Fixed problems while downloading. Thanks Eugene.
- 23 October 2009 – v 1.1 : Fixed problems (double prefix) with links already pointing to Google Docs Viewer. Thanks Łukasz Polowczyk.