If you have set Gmail to automatically forward all or selected mails to any other e-mail account, you must have noticed a warning message: "You are forwarding your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review Settings. Why is this notice here?". This is actually a very important security feature, which warns you about the possible account hack.
The warning message shown with pink background is quite annoying, and there is no option to permanently disable this alert. Although, it automatically disappears after few minutes but reappears the next time you open Gmail.
If you use Chrome or Firefox with Adblock Plus extension, thankfully you can hide this warning message by adding a new filter. To add a new Adblock Plus filter in Firefox, follow these steps:
- press Ctrl + Shift + F to open preference panel of ABP.
- Go to Filters menu > Add filter
- Enter mail.google.com##.fVKDI in the input box for new filter
- Click "Apply" to activate the filter, and open Gmail in new tab.
- The warning message has gone!
[tip via GOS]