Wordnik is an advanced reference and dictionary tool.
Yesterday, we reviewed Twittonary and today we are here with another reference tool – Wordnik. Wordnik is the most advanced tool so far. It does the same task of looking up for the meaning of words but with many more unique features like :
- Suggested use and examples.
- Latest related updates from twitter.
- Related images from Flickr.
- Word’s frequency and use patterns (cool!)
- Explanations and definitions from popular online dictionaries on the same page.
- Related words, tags, etymology, pronunciations etc.
- offers user-contribution.
Wordnik has More than 1.7 million words, and more than 130 million examples in its database.
Wordnik is the next generation of dictionaries and reference aggregators! It is an essential tool for internet users of all category.
Link : Wordnik
[ via Lifehacker ]